All About Jill

Thursday, August 27, 2009

And the loss of control begins



Carter started Kindergarten.
  • My heart broke.
  • Into a million tiny pieces.
  • He has no idea.
  • I held it together until I made it back into the truck.
I then went out for margaritas with another mom.
  • We didn't plan ahead to make it to the (oh-la-la) country club for mimosas.
  • So we started (a liquid) lunch at 11.
His favorite part is Alphabet Bingo and taking "cold" (sack) lunch. And with this lunch bag... who wouldn't be happy to show it off?!
  • This is where I insert an eye roll.
  • He has the matching back pack.
  • Love fills the mornings because his bag is transformers (I don't normally ok anything character for school - I'm pretty sure he feels he's getting one over on me)
The end.

2 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Kindergarten is hard on the Mamas!

Love that picture of Carter, he looks like he should be in some back to school clothing ad!

Playdate...soon!

August 27, 2009 at 9:11 PM  
Blogger erin black said...

Awwww! I'm totally digging that lunch box! I admire your restraint in not sending him with one with a picture of YOU on it.

Your boy starting kindergarten and mine a Senior? Talk about 2 reasons to freak out!! I need to take up that mimosa thing!

August 31, 2009 at 12:49 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home