All About Jill

Monday, September 28, 2009

Today isn't quite So Easy-peasy, mac-and-cheesy

Today my boys are both a little under the weather. Looking at the boys being silly makes my heart a little bit happier.

Carter singing tongue twisters and Sawyer laughing

Carter is suffering from a battle with allergies and a case of pink eye*. Pink eye that he picked up from another kid in school on Friday. This other kid happens to be his best buddy. It's impossible to be upset with kids for passing around illness. And yet? I'm grossed out, sympathetic, concerned, and yeah - a bit peeved. That my kid got it.

Almost 6

It's not fair, right? Is it ever fair? Even as something as simple as pink eye, I'm concerned about fairness.

Carter loves this photo of himself

The only fair is the county fair. I know.

When the Dr. was talking about the drops, I started asking questions that Carter would have: Would the drops sting?, would his eyes need to be open for them?, how long would we need to continue the drops?, etc.

Doctor tried to answer my questions in adult speak ("of course they would sting, the capillaries were inflamed" - you get the idea). It amused me. I was trying to be the voice of a scared, sore, and upset 5 year old, obviously I knew the answers. He figured it out and Carter was then calmed down once he realized all that it would mean is a drop 3 times a day.

I'm a lucky lady to have these two boys as mine

*when the school called me to come get him, I told the principal that I would be there just as soon as I woke up the baby. It's such a small and close knit school, that she then offered to drive Carter home herself.

Carter didn't even have a chance to compose himself. We drove straight to the Dr.** from school, then had our prescription in hand/picked-up before the end of the hour (with a promise to see him in a couple of days when -not if- Sawyer develops it).

Sometimes living in this small town has it's advantages.

**I really believe we're making the Doctor's car payment this month. We were in his office once two weeks ago, twice last week, and today - but it's only Monday. Plenty of time to go back in.

1 Comments:

Blogger Leslie said...

Jill- you are awesome! These pics are beautiful! Your boys...so, so, handsome.

So you had to pick up a sick kid today too? Guess it was best that we didn't swap even more illness this morning! :)

September 28, 2009 at 2:43 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home