All About Jill

Tuesday, July 17, 2007

What did *you* do last weekend?

I went to my very first NASCAR race. Jealous, aren't ya?


For the past few years I've gotten JB tickets for the Chicagoland Speedway race weekend. This, however, was my first time of actually having to go with him. Things I learned while putting in my time:

  • The drivers... Yeah. Even live, they'll never turn right.
  • Women should not wear low riding jeans while having their back to the sun all afternoon. I seen my share of butt-cracks becoming sunburned. (get it? rednecks. red-asses. heh)
  • I read my new camera* manual and figured out shutter speeds and focal distances.
  • The new Scrapbooks ETC magazine had an interesting article scraplifting and spinning your inspirational piece to make it your own (isn't there a challenge on some BLOG that does that already??)
  • That my dear, sweet husband is willing to walk an extra two miles around a racetrack just to see toy cars in Kevin Harvick's merchandise trailer.
These are just a few of the many, many things I found myself pondering over on Saturday.

*What do you MEAN I didn't tell you that we impulsively bought a new Cannon Power Shot S3 IS and that I love it more than words can ever say. I have no idea how I lived before that day.

1 Comments:

Blogger Mellykat said...

It slays me how you say "we impulsively bought a camera"...I'm thinkin' it was all about Jill!!!

July 17, 2007 at 3:09 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home